Sunday, September 8, 2013

You Don't Have to Be a Wine Connoisseur to Enjoy A Bit of Wine


According to Google, a connoisseur is an expert judge in matters of taste. We often hear the term 'wine connoisseur' thrown around in reference to anyone who has preferences when it comes to the types of wines they drink. I don't really like this term. It exudes all the stereotypes and stuffiness that comes with drinking wine.

I don't consider myself a connoisseur (Keith is more of the connoisseur, than I am). I know what I like. I like what I know. I've learned over the years the terminology and etiquette for tasting wine, but I don't think it makes me an expert judge. Taste is subjective and we all have our own preferences. So, for those of you who read us often, don't let term 'connoisseur' detract you from enjoying any bottle (or box) of wine you wish. 


Part of enjoying wine is that there are so many varietals and vineyards and wineries that there is something for everyone. So when it comes to enjoying a bit of wine in your spare time remember these 3 things.

1. Only your taste matters.
2. Its okay to choose a wine based solely on the label
3. Always make sure you share - even if it is only on Facebook.

At A Bit of Wine, we don't sell wine so we have the freedom to share with our readers any wine from any where. Of course we only share our thoughts and opinions...But, one opinion we have and share often is that our wine gifts make great gifts for all level of wine lovers. When all else fails to finding the perfect gift, buy them a wine gift and its guaranteed to be loved.

So, do you consider yourself a 'wine connoisseur'?

Cheers!

Katie

Find Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter

Don't forget to enter our 500 Fan Giveaway - claim your entries here!


No comments:

Post a Comment