Wine Pairings For Football Foods
The Superbowl is right around the corner. But, on this beer drinking game day, have you considered adding wine to your refreshment options?
Add A Bit of Wine to your Super Bowl festivities. Check out some of these recipes that you can easily whip up for your Super Bowl wine party...and the wine we recommend for each.
1. Beef Queso Dip - With the heat from the cheese, stay away from any serious, high-alcohol, low-acid wines. Try a white from a cooler growing area such as this floral-edged Pinot Grigio from the Alto Adige region of Italy.
2. Turkey White Bean Chili - Balance this lighter version of chili with a hearty glass of Zinfandel. It will offer the right balance of red fruit and spice that will kick up your white bean chili for all the football fans.
3. Twice Baked Loaded Potatoes - This finger-friendly version of an American favorite goes well with a big glass of Cabernet to offset the smoky bacon and cheddar.
4. Mini Buffalo Chicken Meatballs - Change up the game with these perfect appetizers for your football fans. With this recipe you should grab a bottle of semi-sweet Reisling. The low alcohol and honey notes will keep your taste buds cooled down and wanting more!
5. Wine Brownie Bites - I love to bake some wine brownies. Cut them into smaller pieces and lay them out on a serving tray of your choice. The berry flavors from the recipe are a perfect combination with any Pinot Noir. The recipe is simple and the red wine is a lighter fair so you can make it to the 4th quarter.
What will you be serving at your Super Bowl Wine Party?