Monday, June 17, 2013

Easy Wine Brownies w/ a Dark Chocolate Red Wine Glaze


I'm not much of a baker or a chef. I leave most of that up to Keith in the kitchen. But, every once in awhile I get a wild hair to make something sweet. It usually ends up being brownies or cookies - from a box. 

After seeing so many red wine brownie recipes on Pinterest, I decided to try my own version of these delicious recipes.

Like I said, I'm not much of a baker, so I didn't take many picture of my baking process or save the box to share the exact details. But since my version usually involves a boxed brownie mixed just follow the instructions on the box then add a few red wine modification for that added flair. 

Be sure to share with us your thoughts of these brownies or our wine gifts below.


The Easy Wine Brownies


For this recipe I used Trader Joe's Truffle Brownie mix. This has to be one of my favorite boxes of brownies.

After following the directions and mixing up the ingredients, I poured 2/3 cup of Trader Joe's famous Two Buck Chuck (Charles Shaw) Cabernet Sauvignon. Mixing it together with the brownie mix, cook the mix for about 30 minutes - or whatever the instructions on the box say.


The Dark Chocolate Red Wine Glaze


For the dark chocolate red wine glaze, I took another 1/3 cup of Two Buck Chuck and melted down some dark chocolate in a double boiler. Blending in the red wine as the chocolate melted, the glaze should be slightly thin so it soaks into the wine brownie cake.


Topping the Red Wine Brownie Cake


Once the wine brownie cake has cooled, pour the dark chocolate glaze over top of the cake and allow it to soak into the cake. Sift on some powdered sugar. For added flavor, the red raspberries paired well with the Charles Shaw Cabernet flavors that were left behind after cooking. This was the perfect dessert pairing for a relaxing Father's Day weekend.

Be sure to pour yourself some of the Charles Shaw Cabernet Sauvignon in your favorite wine glass and enjoy a generous portion of this double chocolate red wine deliciousness.

What's your favorite dessert indulgence?

Cheers!

Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment